JavaScript error and Pivot Viewer not loading

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Hi,

I have built and deployed the Pivot Viewer for SharePoint from source code. After activating the necessary feature I have added Pivot Viewer WebPart to my homepage and configured it to get pictures fromy my Picture Library.

Unfortunatelly after applying the configuration changes I have got nothing loaded and JavaScript error saying that:

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application [Parser_SetValue_Exception]
Arguments: System.Windows.FrameworkElement.Style
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=4.0.60531.0&File=System.Windows.dll&Key=Parser_SetValue_Exception [Line: 20 Position: 46]   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
   at SLPivotViewer.MainPage.InitializeComponent()
   at SLPivotViewer.App.Application_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName)

Because I am not the Silverlight expert maybe someone could help to figure out what is not correct. Maybe someone faced with the similar issue in the past and can share the resolution.

Kuba

Jun 6, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Hi,

I got stuck with the same error.

I ended up retracting the webpart, and removing it, and added it again. 

This worked for me.

Regards,

JP