Issue with not being able to load the WebPart

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Just in case if you have the same issue as I had with not being able to load the WebPart with the data, here is the solution that worked for me.

Problem: The WebPart was able to load the items from a list/library on my virtual machine, where I have administrative access. But when I deployed the WebPart to our distributed development environment for SharePoint, the WebPart would try to load but it is unable to load the items from the list/library.

Solution: In order to get the WebPart to work properly, you need to make sure that the Web.Config of SharePoint Web Application where the WebPart is deployed has the following entries. These entries are supposed to be added automatically to the web.config when the feature for the webpart is activated. But they are not added for some reason. Therefore, manually add these entries under "handlers" section.

<add name="cxml" verb="*" path="*.cxml" type="SPPivotViewer.HttpHandler.SPCxmlHandler, SPPivotViewer, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ab999e78ba71c798" />     

<add name="dzc" verb="GET" path="*.dzc" type="SPPivotViewer.HttpHandler.SPDzcHandler, SPPivotViewer, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ab999e78ba71c798" />     

<add name="dzi" verb="GET" path="*.dzi" type="SPPivotViewer.HttpHandler.SPDziHandler, SPPivotViewer, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ab999e78ba71c798" />     

<add name="deepZoom" verb="GET" path="*/dzi/*_files/*/*_*.jpg" type="SPPivotViewer.HttpHandler.SPDeepZoomImageHandler, SPPivotViewer, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ab999e78ba71c798" />     

<add name="ImageTile" verb="GET" path="*_files/*/*_*.jpg" type="SPPivotViewer.HttpHandler.SPImageTileHandler, SPPivotViewer, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ab999e78ba71c798" />