New Version Not Picking Up Text Fields?

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:06 PM

I am finding that only date and numeric fields work as filters or info for the newest version.

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:11 AM

All test are OK, can you send the configuration of the list where you don't have text in filter or info ? and can you put some sample data. Thanks

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:34 PM

I spent some time working this out with the 2.5 release.  The previous version would allow you to generate a facet from a plain text field.  The 2.5 version will only allow you to generate a facet from a choice field.  If anyone else comes across this, you can convert your existing text fields to a choice field and then they will work again.

Jul 22, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I'm disappointed because all my test accept text as facet and my sample accept text as facet.

On my sample it's "Titre"

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM

i'm facing same problem , Filter list not displaying text fields.

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:30 AM


Can you send me the configuration of your list ?

Thanks Xavier

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Hi ,

my list columns :

Column (click to edit) Type Required
Title Single line of text  
Division Single line of text  
RFS No Single line of text  
Project Name Single line of text  
Location Single line of text  
Services Multiple lines of text  
Project Type Single line of text  
DateAdded Date and Time  
RSF No Single line of text  
order id Number  
testid Number  
Services_Selection Choice  
Created By Person or Group  
Modified By Person or Group  
Checked Out To Person or Group

"Choice Field as Filter" display the follwing Fields:
File Type
Content type
Created By
Modified By
Checked Out
File Size





Feb 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM


I have the same problem.  Thanks 'Pondering' for the suggestion about converting to choice field.  Has anyone found a more permanent solution to this issue.  Thanks!


Feb 16, 2012 at 1:35 AM


I figured out the issue, and wanted to share it on this thread.  I downloaded the source code and noticed on the SPPivotViewWP.cs (web part cs file)  file that it was missing the condition to access field type of text (basically missing this line field.Type==SPFieldType.Text) on ddlList_SelectedIndexChanged( ) method.  After adding that line and compiling it and re-deploying the solution I was able to pick up text fields.

Thanks again for a great product xvanneste!!