Bug And Issue

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2010 at 3:49 PM

If you have bug or issue please respond to this message with a description of the trouble.

Nov 6, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Hi,

I noticed that fields added to a Picture Library don't always display in the Choice List field picker.

Also it would be nice to have 2 field pickers. One for the fields to be used as refiners and the other for fields that will be displayed in the item details.

I've been trying it out here http://www.spsdemo.com/SitePages/books.aspx

Regards
Ian

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2010 at 1:21 PM
Hi,
thanks a lot for your feedbak :) the development of Pivot viewer for sharepoint vNext start next week. Your feed back is really interesting and I add this feature in the development. If you have other features you can send me and i analyzed the possibilities to include it in the next version :)

VANNESTE Xavier
XVanneste@msn.com
http://blog.xvanneste.com
http://blogs.developpeur.org/xvanneste

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 23:28:42 -0700
Subject: Re: Bug And Issue [PivotViewerSP:230919]

Hi,
I noticed that fields added to a Picture Library don't always display in the Choice List field picker.
Also it would be nice to have 2 field pickers. One for the fields to be used as refiners and the other for fields that will be displayed in the item details.
I've been trying it out here http://www.spsdemo.com/SitePages/books.aspx
Regards
Ian
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PivotViewerSP@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email PivotViewerSP@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Dec 6, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Hello

the next release of pivot viewer is in december the 13th.

I include this feature :)

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:13 AM

The code doesn't work for zoom image files.

I am rewriting some of the code to get it to work. The first issue is that the DZI HttpHandler registered by the feature is called when the DeepZomeImage class tries to load the DZI file to determine the image width and height.  The handler checks whether the collection exists, but at this stage the collection doesn't exist, so it returns a 404 error instead of the DZI XML.

Also, in the same method, the WebClient.DownloadString() method is producing extra characters at the beginning of the XML. I used XDocument.Load to get the XML.

Now my problem is that the collection key is not getting set on the DeepZoomImageRequest. I don't understand how the collection key is added to the URL of each image and why that is not happening for deep zone images.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 5:49 AM

I don't understand how you find this bug ?

If you use fiddler you can see that dzi image are automatically generate based on jpg or png image. Secondly the collection is the first thing made by cxml handler and use after by the other handler, when dzi handler is call the collection exist. 

What do you want to do exactly ?

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Well, my main issue is that the image quality for jpegs is poor in the pivot viewer, in any resolution, for my purposes at least. I've tried really high resolution, big jpegs as well as normal ones, and they are all muddy. So I tried creating the deep zoom files + dzi files ahead of time using Deep Zoom composer. This was before I stepped through the code to learn how it works. I have a good grasp of how the code works and actually rewrote it at one point to where it was almost working for deep zoom collection - the dzi request was not passing the collection key in the url. I don't know how that is set.

Any help is appreciated. My goal is just to get clear looking images in the pivot viewer.

If you need help with another release of this webpart, let me know.

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:47 PM

I think I see how to fix it to work with pre-created deep zoom files (dzi). Your SPListCollectionFactory does not process these. I would add support for processing them, creating DeepZoomImage classes, and ignore any /dzi/ directory containing the zoom files. The dzi Url then needs to be adjusted to add the collection key right before the file name. That might do it.

I think I have this almost working - I just need to clean up my faulty logic (I was loading the dzi file too early, not understanding the implications (collection has to exist)). I will try this tomorrow.

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Hello

All image are resized for performance and bandwidth improvement. But if you want to use high resolution you can change webimage and documentimage class. The choice between webimage or dziimage is done in collectionitem class function SetImage. Perhaps this information can help you.

Jan 30, 2011 at 4:48 AM
Edited Feb 1, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Sorry I should have just responded to this thread...

I am getting the following error.  The web part worked fine when looking at the site collection but I can't seem to get it to work with a list.

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application MeasureOverride of element 'Microsoft.Pivot.Internal.Controls.SeahorseItemVirtualizingPanel' should not return PositiveInfinity or NaN as its DesiredSize.

My mistake.  This is due to my list not being setup correctly.

Feb 15, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Dear Xavier,

Thank you for creating and sharing this great solution for SP2010! it works great in a Dutch SharePoint 2010 installation, in a single sitecollection on our Testing server.

Only I recieve the following error on our Production installation:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3)
Timestamp: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:48:51 UTC

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application    bij System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state)
   bij System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   bij SLPivotViewer.MainPage.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult asynchronousResult)
   bij System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClassd.<InvokeGetResponseCallback>b__b(Object state2)
   bij System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   bij System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   bij System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   bij System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://intranet-ont.zorgnet.local/SitePages/Pivot.aspx

Can it be that it has something to do with mixed zones? HTTP and HTTPS? Is for instance the WebPart automaticly HTTP, or does this depend on the URL of the site?

On the SharePoint Server directly: I get the following error ( the Collection Loading screen shows and then it stops with the right filters in the left toolbar), when you scroll the webpart gets black )

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:52:18 UTC

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application [FrameworkElement_LayoutMeasure_InfinityNaNReturned]
Argumenten:
Brontekenreeksen voor foutopsporing zijn niet beschikbaar. Vaak geven de sleutel en de argumenten te weinig informatie voor een diagnose van het probleem. Zie http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=4.0.60129.0&File=System.Windows.dll&Key=FrameworkElement_LayoutMeasure_InfinityNaNReturned
URI: https://intranet-ont.zorgnet.local/SitePages/Pivot.aspx

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application [FrameworkElement_LayoutMeasure_InfinityNaNReturned]
Argumenten:
Brontekenreeksen voor foutopsporing zijn niet beschikbaar. Vaak geven de sleutel en de argumenten te weinig informatie voor een diagnose van het probleem. Zie http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=4.0.60129.0&File=System.Windows.dll&Key=FrameworkElement_LayoutMeasure_InfinityNaNReturned
URI: https://intranet-ont.zorgnet.local/SitePages/Pivot.aspx

I hope you can do anything with these errors.

Kind regards, Wilco

Feb 24, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Hello,

thanks for this great webpart. It works nicely, but there is one quesiton nagging me: when I click "Auto Generate Thumbnails", nothing happens (the images still are the default green ones). Is there any further action required (such as installing MSOffice on the Sharepoint Server)? By the way, it is a German Sharepoint installation.

Thanks for helping me out,

David

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Dear Xavier,

i have the same pprblem as Wilco.

Do you habe any idea?
Kind regards, M

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 22:34:21 UTC

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application [HttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer]
Arguments: NotFound
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=4.0.51204.0&File=System.Windows.dll&Key=HttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer   at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state)
   at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at SLPivotViewer.MainPage.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult asynchronousResult)
   at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClassd.<InvokeGetResponseCallback>b__b(Object state2)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
URI: ´...

Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application [HttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer]
Arguments: NotFound
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=4.0.51204.0&File=System.Windows.dll&Key=HttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer   at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state)
   at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at SLPivotViewer.MainPage.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult asynchronousResult)
   at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClassd.<InvokeGetResponseCallback>b__b(Object state2)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
URI: ...

May 13, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Hi there,

I had the same problems like WillixJ and mfatemi.

We managed to get it working by:

- recompiling into our environment(also it looks like the XAP file has to be manually copied into the SP project)

- configure kerberos for the User profile source(the mysites hosts the photos in our case)

Good luck,

Cipri

Jun 18, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Hi There,

I  have a question about listing multiple skills or About Me references - it look to me like the skills that are populated within the filters are the first items a user enters - so for example if a user puts 2 skills within their mySite User Profile - say C++; ASP.NET the filter will only recognise C++.

Or am I missing a configuration setting?

Hope you can clarify.

Rich

Sep 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Hi Team,

Thanks for such a great webpart. But i need to do some modification in that, so please help me to resolve this.

1) On mousehover download and go to item this links got enable. But i dont want this link. so need help on this, how to remove this.

2) When i click on any image it goes in Zoom..but at the same time it shows same picture in transparent mode. That means when i click on any image it shows me main image and one more same image in background. Also it is showing information about image which i don't want.

Please suggest me on this..

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Dear Team

Currently i am using Pivot viewer webpart to display images. But now i am looking for display images from folder . It should show me the folder and when i click on particular folder it will show images.

But currently this is not happening. So is there any other way to achieve this ?

Thanks

-------------------------------------------

Regards,

Ajit Shinde

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I love this webpart and use the list functionality for a number of user solutions. When using the people search everything works well except images do not materialize.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Would love to use this to augment people search.